ONLY 30 days left until The Rory 2012
After a slow start and some technical problems with our emails, the organising committee are working hard to tie up The Rory Lowther Memorial Challenge for 2012… The Registration is up and running, and the Early Birds have booked up the 2 sleeper accommodation. Planning for the Night of the Stars is taking shape, and will be transmitted from Spearhead Boulders to the campground for all to view in comfort during the time of our Spit Braai Dinner. This will be followed by the Prize Giving, giving you some extra time on Sunday morning for Pancakes and an early morning climb, hike, walk or sleep in...
Please make note of the following:-
- Only the first 200 Paid and Pre-Registered entries will qualify for an event Shirt and a Goodie Bag.
- Extra T-Shirts and Long Sleeve Hoodies will be on sale.
- Route Guides & Indemnity Forms must be downloaded from the website www.TheRory.co.za – Some BRAND NEW ROUTES are still being finalised and these will be available at the briefing.
- Proof of payment of accommodation must please be produced at the gate – please pre-book and pay for your campsites.
- Gate Entrance of R10.00 per person to be paid at the gate – Qualifies you into the Lucky Draw – Gate Entrance will be donated to a local charity.
- Helmets are COMPULSORY – Helmets will be on sale at the amazing price of R400 in 2 different sizes. See website.
- Stand a chance of winning 3 nights at Kosi Bay Cabanas in our Rory Raffle – Raffle tickets R10,00.
- ONLY Registered challengers may climb or boulder between 08h00 and 15h00 on Saturday 10th March.
- Please consult the Website for the New Programme as well as Costs and Menu… Order food and save yourself the hassle!
- We NEED Prizes – if you have contacts or can arrange some cool prizes no matter how big or small, please let us know.
- Inappropriate Team Names will not be accepted.
- Please refrain from the use of foul language specifically during the challenge – offenders will be subject to penalties.
- Age Categories have been increased to include Under 13 / Under 15 / Under 17 and Under 19 Boys and Girls.
We look forward to great weather and an awesome vibe for The Rory 2012.
Debbie, Eric & The Rory Team